How excited were you reading that? First of all, PALEO PIZZA! Second of all, no food processor required. You can use one if you have one, it probably is easier and less time consuming.
Originally this recipe is from Michelle over at the Lucky Penny. She calls it "The BEST Cauliflower Crust Pizza!" I have to agree with her. I grew up making pizza dough with a recipe that required no fewer than 6 cups of flour, so I was slightly skeptical about any other pizza crust recipe, let alone a Paleo one.
Well. I shouldn't have been. This is delicious. I modified it a little bit since I don't have a
Ingredients:
- 1 cauliflower head (or 2-3 cups of cauliflower rice)
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- salt
- pepper
- dried basil
- dried oregano
- garlic powder
- 1 tbsp almond meal (optional)
- Toppings and sauce as desired!
Wash and dry your cauliflower head. Cut off the florets and grate with a box grater. You don't want or need too much of the stem.
Cook the cauliflower snow for about 4 minutes in the microwave. I couldn't fit all of my snow into the single microwave safe bowl I own, so I used takeout containers as well. Place the snow on a clean towel and allow it to cool.
Wrap the cauliflower in the towel and wring it out. You want to get some of the excess water out. You only need to squeeze it a few times - don't rip your towel.
In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, cheese, spices, and egg. Mix with your hands. Form the pizza crust on a greased baking sheet. Bake it at 450 F for 8 - 11 min until the top starts to turn golden.
Remove from oven and add sauce and toppings. Bake for an additional 5 - 7 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
The hardest part: allow it to cool slightly for a few minutes. Enjoy!
I topped mine with tomato sauce, 3 different cheeses, and some ham. For the next one, I'm planning on ham, bacon, and spinach. I also ate the entire thing, it was so delicious. I only used about half a cauliflower head, too. I'm also planning on making one two when Super A is here next (we both eat enough that we probably need our own).
UPDATE: Here's the bacon and spinach pizza! It was for both myself and Super A, so I filled the whole pan. It probably could have used a longer cook time and I would have lined the pan with aluminum foil to make it easier to actually get slices out of the pan.
UPDATE: Here's the bacon and spinach pizza! It was for both myself and Super A, so I filled the whole pan. It probably could have used a longer cook time and I would have lined the pan with aluminum foil to make it easier to actually get slices out of the pan.



No comments:
Post a Comment