Monday, July 8, 2013

Paleo Monday Update

For the time being, I am discontinuing my Meatless Mondays. They generally left me hungry and in varying degrees of grouchiness, in part because I'm still adapting to eating Paleo. My previous Meatless Monday dinners usually included some sort of pasta, and at least once a day (every day) there was a peanut butter sandwich.

Question: why would you do a Meatless Monday in the first place?

People can quote their science and studies at you until they're blue in the face. For all intents and purposes, my reason was that I have friends who are vegetarian and vegan and it was my gesture of support for them.

Follow up question: why did you stick with if after converting to Paleo?

For another simple reason: I wanted to see if I could do it. Turns out, I can. I need more experience though, both in the kitchen and as a Paleo eater, before I'm ready to do it in a way that's healthy and fulfilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment