Friday, July 5, 2013

Paleo Lessons: Week 3

I need to get more veggies. Period. I thought I was doing well on this front until this past Monday. One of my favorite meals is pancakes - Paleo pancakes that is. They're delicious with bananas, but I eat too much fruit (I don't see the problem, fruit is delicious and nutritious). Then I remembered some zucchini pancakes I found a recipe for last summer. I'm working on modifying them (because I think they call for flour) so I can use way less banana in my regular pancakes. The only problem? As soon as I thought of this, my brain jumped in with a "No, you can't use those zucchinis for pancakes. You need them for .... something. Something else. You need those zucchinis for something else."

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I've found that if my breakfast leaves me ravenous in less than two hours, it's going to be a hungry day. On good breakfast days though, I'm full until at least 10. I think there was one day where I was actually not hungry until after when I normally grab lunch. An alternative I might start trying is to skip breakfast if I'm not hungry - that way my metabolism doesn't "wake up" until lunch.

I now need over 2 dozen eggs a week. I'm not sure what that says about Paleo and my eating habits, but I'm really glad they're cheap.

Pay attention when you cook bacon. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment