It's beautiful.
It also means I might be able to get away with making Paleo food I would normally need a food processor for, such as cauliflower rice. This turned out a little better than I expected and it certainly filled me up. You can use any veggies you like, I used what I had on hand.
Ingredients:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 zucchini
- 1 lb of mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1 pineapple
- 2 eggs
Wash the cauliflower, cut off the florets, and grate. All of it. You probably want to squeeze it out too to get rid of some of the water. Wash and chop all other veggies and the pineapple.
In a pan/wok/large saucepot (you want a large surface area), melt butter or other cooking fat (I think I used coconut oil). Cook the onion and the zucchini first, then add the mushrooms and cauliflower after a while.
Push all the veggies and "rice" to the edges of the pan. Crack your eggs, mix, and cook for a few more minutes. Add in the pineapple slices just before you're ready to serve. Toss everything so you have well mixed rice and serve!
NB: cauliflower gives off a lot of water when cooked. I suggest squeezing it out before adding it to the pan, but cooking it briefly in the microwave would probably help get more water out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment