Whoa, wait, the week is halfway through? I'm not ready for the weekend yet! I have yet to do any of the things I've been counting on getting done this week, let alone tried a new recipe out. Yesterday my stomach decided to be a hungry hungry hippo after I went swimming (3000 yards, possibly the biggest swim workout I've done yet), which was awesome and unfortunate.
Awesome because now I don't have any more leftovers. I chowed down on some cauliflower fried rice, eggplant pizzas, fish, and zucchini noodles and it was deliciously awesome!
Unfortunate because now I don't have any more leftovers. I have what I think is a mild but persistent case of plantar fasciitis (pf) and I started treating it over the weekend using Sock Doc's recommendation of trigger point therapy. So far, so good, but my legs feel like they're covered in bruises. Getting back on track, I realized that standing in the kitchen and cooking for an hour or more every night after work probably wasn't helping. Hence the no new recipes.
I can however give you a really good recommendation: eat more bacon.
First of all, it's bacon. Second of all, a slice or two makes a good Paleo snack between meals. Third of all, the grease can be kept in a jar and used for cooking. You know how it works - you cook a bunch of bacon in a frying pan, bacon grease puddles up in the bottom of the pan, and you have to dump it out before putting the next batch in so your arms don't get covered in grease burns. Instead of pouring that melted fat down the drain, pour it into a jelly jar and put it in your fridge. Reach for that next time you need to sautée anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment