I like eating Paleo. I feel better, I sleep better, and I enjoy my food. But on the weekends, especially when I go to visit friends or go on long rides/big workouts, I don't eat nearly as well. This past weekend was no exception.
Friday night I was at home, so I made some yummy yummy cauli-pizza (and fried the extra "dough" on the stove to make fritters - yum!). It was a good time.
Saturday was messier. I went to an open water swim for the first time (turns out opening my eyes underwater, yes with goggles, makes me feel clausterphobic when I can only see to my elbows) and so breakfast consisted of a Larabar after the swim, a banana and a Builder bar after the bike ride, and plenty of water and Gatorade. Saturday night found me at the boardwalk eating a bacon cheeseburger (fine except the bun), Crabby Sweets (which apparently are the only sweet potato fries I like), and frozen custard.
Sunday was full of bagels and tons of fruit (which normally I love, but I was craving some protein), some fries and chicken fingers, and nuts/raisins on the train back home. When I got back, I overloaded on the protein with fish, chicken, and eggs, with some veggies and spinach on the side of course.
I'm sure you're wondering, "What are these repercussions you're talking about?" Try mood fluctuations, grogginess (which could be due to a late night beach visit that I'm recovering from), and restless sleeping for the past 2 nights. Not to mention that I just felt inflated after eating all those fried, sugary foods and the bagels. Ugh. It makes me want to do a ton of pushups to verify my muscles haven't disintegrated.
I'm aiming to eat as well as possible this week, with lots of veggies and protein, because I know that's what makes me feel good. Well, that, and dark chocolate. Unfortunately, something similar is going to probably happen the next two weekends. On the upside, Larabars are as Paleo as a granola bar can get (Apple Pie is good), I have butternut squash and zucchini in my fridge, and I'll be getting a new cooking buddy next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment