Monday, July 22, 2013

Easiest Breakfast Ever?

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I don't doubt that. I've found over the past few years that skipping breakfast leaves me cranky and ravenous by noon. I don't quite have that problem anymore, but I still agree that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Breakfast sets the tone for the day (if that day is Monday, it can set the tone for your week). A nice, yummy, relaxed breakfast leaves you refreshed and ready for anything. A stressed running-out-the-door-late-for-work breakfast leaves you haggard and can very easily result in falling off the Paleo wagon for a meal.

This meal has been my go-to for the past week or so. It's got protein and fat from the eggs and ham and you get a nice serving of veggies and vitamins and minerals from the spinach.

Ingredients:

  • 3 eggs
  • large handful of spinach
  • 2-3 slices of ham
  • seasonings (salt, pepper, and garlic powder are my favorite right now)
  • cooking fat (I'm using bacon grease that I store in a jar in my fridge)
Heat your cooking fat in a pan on the stove. When it's warm, drop in chunks of your ham and all the spinach. Let cook until the spinach is dark green and the ham is starting to brown. Crack your eggs into the pan and mix it all up for a pseudo omelet. When the eggs are mostly cooked, add your spices and sprinkle on the cheese. If it's circle shaped, fold the eggs in half to make a nice omelet looking thing. Remove from pan and enjoy!

I've actually been putting mine straight into a to-go container and eating it at work with some tea once it's cooled a bit. Use whatever add-ins or seasonings you want, this is just my current favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment