My food was starting to go, I had one more day to make it through until grocery shopping again, and I was out of meat and out of salad. This was also after successfully making Zucchini Noodles for the first time, and I had the inside part of the squashes left over. It was only after the squash and spinach was in the pan and I was cracking the eggs that I realized this was my first "Hey, I can actually cook!" moment. It's not so much a recipe though as a meal idea - lots of eggs, lots of veggies, some extra protein, and cheese. The end goal was something slightly quiche-y with veggies and shrimp scatter throughout, and slightly pizza-like with the cheese on top.
Ingredients:
- Remnants of 2 yellow squash, cut
- Spinach
- Shrimp, pre cooked
- Any other veggie or meat you want or need to use (it's called the Kitchen Sink for a reason)
- 4 eggs
- butter
- salt
- pepper
- cheese (optional)
Heat the butter in a frying pan on low-medium heat. Cook the veggies. Add the meat and cook it.
Crack the eggs in a bowl and mix them. Add salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the pan. Cover and cook on low heat.
When mostly cooked, sprinkle cheese on top of the eggs. Allow to finish cooking.
Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate for lunch.
Crack the eggs in a bowl and mix them. Add salt and pepper. Pour the eggs into the pan. Cover and cook on low heat.
When mostly cooked, sprinkle cheese on top of the eggs. Allow to finish cooking.
Serve immediately or let cool and refrigerate for lunch.
The center ended up essentially being veggies covered in cheese with the eggs more toward the outside and shrimp everywhere. It wasn't quiche-y at all, or pizza-like, because I didn't spread out my veggies when I poured the eggs into the pan. I do like how the shrimp are all at different places in the eggs though. Next time I'd probably add some bacon or ham and maybe some onion. Maybe I'd make it more pizza like by putting tomato sauce on top, too.
The part I liked best? It fit in my lunch container, microwaved well at work, and kept me full for a loooong time.
No comments:
Post a Comment