All the recipes for zucchini noodles that I'd found said basically 2 things - use a julienne peeler and cooking is optional. None of them said anything about how to actually make zucchini noodles, and I don't have a julienne peeler.
I do have a regular peeler, though, and it did the job quite nicely.
Ingredients:
- 2 medium/large green or yellow squash
- little bit of butter or your choice of oil
Wash the squash well. Using a peeler, peel strips of squash. The best method I've found is to keep the ends of the squash on, hold one end, and peel from the top down. Rotate the squash and repeat until the seeds are visible. Now you have raw squash noodles!
To cook: heat the butter in the frying pan over low-medium heat. Drop in the noodles and cook until soft (3-5 minutes). Salt and pepper the noodles when partway cooked. Add toppings or mixins such as cooked shrimp or chicken, or toss it in a sauce.
Serve immediately. I layered mine with cheese, but that's obviously up to you.
The leftover part of the squash is good for sautéing and use in other recipes, like a Kitchen Sink Crustless Quichezza.


No comments:
Post a Comment