Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Easy Peasy Fruity Salad

Last week I realized I needed to get better at making salads, considering the ones I made weren't that yummy and didn't keep me full at all.

Here's what I came up with this week:


Pardon the quality of the picture, and the fact that it's over half eaten. You can see all the ingredients though, which I like. I also found that the variety of flavors kept me from becoming bored with it after a few days. The only thing that would make this better would be a bigger bowl so I could pack more of it!

Ingredients:
  • romaine lettuce
  • spinach
  • strawberries
  • blueberries
  • mango
  • pineapple
  • 1 egg
Start with you base and build up. Make your romaine bite sized and throw the spinach on top of it. Top with the cut fruit and berries (cut up the strawberries). If your egg is hardboiled, peel it, cut it up, and add that. If you ran out of time like me, scramble an egg and cut it into pieces. Easy to transport, and probably a hit with kids for the flavors and colors. Bonus: getting a variety of fruit allows you to mix it up a little each day and keep it interesting.

Still haven't mastered a good salad dressing yet unfortunately, but it's been a little too hectic this week to try very hard. I'd love to be able to make a good Caesar salad dressing sometime soon, we'll have to see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment