This week was my first week of trying to train myself to eat Paleo. It definitely had its ups and downs, and here's what I've figured out so far.
I so need to learn how to make a better salad. My mom has this amazing poppyseed salad dressing recipe and Super A has offered to help me make balsamic vinegar/olive oil dressing, but I need to get a good base first. I'm also not a huge fan of dressing in the first place. Sure, throwing romaine and spinach in a takeout container every day works, and the ground beef I cooked up Sunday night was pretty good as a topping the first day, but by Wednesday my tastebuds were protesting.
I want to make salad like this:
It had blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges, and chicken. I am not a person who takes pictures of meals at restaurants, but this was so good I had to (mostly so I could try to replicate it).
Almonds are delicious. 'nuf said. Almost good enough to stop the peanut butter sandwich craving and the inexplicable desire for large quantities of bacon. Carrots are pretty good too.
At some point, I will need to get a food processor. Lots of Paleo recipes require the use of a food processor to blend together ingredients you wouldn't normally use (because you'd use flour instead) or to make some sort of nut flour/nut butter. Until then, my super yummy snack choices will be somewhat limited.

No comments:
Post a Comment