Monday, I was PescaPaleian.
I figure it's currently a good compromise. I've been participating in Meatless Mondays since February in support of my vegetarian friends and in protest against the campus dining hall (it's not exactly easy to get a good amount of veggies outside of the salad bar).
Breakfast, 3 eggs and an orange. Lunch, big salad with fruit and an egg (forgot to hardboil, so I scrambled it and cut it up to put on top), plus carrots, almonds, and some dry fruit.
Dinner: lemon shrimp with zucchini "noodles" and spinach. The original plan was to cook the noodles in the pan with the shrimp, but two very important things interfered. For one thing, the shrimp was already cooked and it was recommended to not cook them further. For another thing, the noodles turned out not so much noodles as a mass of zucchini tendrils. I cooked them with the spinach, threw in the shrimp, and dumped the entire thing in a bowl. Immediately water began accumulating at the bottom (and this is after I squeezed out the zucchini before cooking). What saved this meal was probably a little bit of lemon juice, some salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and liberal quantities of cheese (see my disclaimer). I think if I did it again, I'd have just thrown in some eggs (essentially zucchini pancakes) and served it with Greek yogurt.
My new challenge: figure out a good way to make zucchini noodles without a julienne peeler.
Check out the results - Zucchini Noodles!
My new challenge: figure out a good way to make zucchini noodles without a julienne peeler.
Check out the results - Zucchini Noodles!
No comments:
Post a Comment