Friday, August 16, 2013

Paleo Lessons: Week 9

Oops, I lost track of how many weeks it's been since I started Paleo. I thought it was week 11. That seems like a good thing to me, actually.

Try new foods. Even if they're scary, hard to pronounce, or you don't know what they are. Went with Super A and Abbs to a gluten free Mediterranean place for lunch on Friday and didn't know what I was doing when I ordered, so I asked the gal behind the counter for recommendations. I ended up with steak, feta, carrots, and cauliflower in a gluten free wrap with a lemon sauce and a balsamic sauce on the side. It was amazing and I can't wait to go back.

Before a race, banana pancakes are the perfect food. I made some for a race on Saturday, they were devoured, and now I'm all set to make them before the next race, too. The race went well, look for a post soon.

Listen to your body. If you can't keep your eyes open, get some sleep. If you're so sore that standing up or sitting down causes you pain, go easy or take the day off. You'll feel so much better the next day, and your body will perform better than if you had forced a hard workout on yourself. It's not worth it.

Eat when you're hungry, don't when you're not. If you're trying to loose body fat, try to avoid nuts and fruit. If you're trying to stay fuller for longer, eat more fat. This is something I know I need to work on. Salad dressing makes me nervous though. Maybe I'll compromise a bit.

Empty jars are your friends. So is bacon and bacon grease.

No comments:

Post a Comment