Be aware of how your fridge works. Specifically, the best places to store certain foods to keep them from spoiling. In my minifridge (that I could probably live out of if need be), I forgot that the cooling parts are at the top, near the pretend freezer. Anything I store on the top shelf, just below the freezer, runs the risk of becoming frozen. Like my romaine and zucchini. Romaine is not happy when it is frozen.
It is possible to make healthier versions of your favorite. Last week Abbs made this incredible, amazing fish sticks that actually tasted like really good (albeit way healthier) fish sticks. My favorite thing to get at Chinese buffets is the coconut chicken (so creamy, so coconuty, so gooooood....), so I Googled "paleo coconut chicken" on a whim. The top result was for coconut chicken tenders, and it looked so good that I'm planning on making it next week (move out week and recovery week).
If you're craving carbs, look at your diet again. For some strange and unknown reason, I started craving oatmeal and bagels last week, but didn't realize what it meant until this week. While the oatmeal made some sense, I haven't craved bagels since before I started eating Paleo. Right now, I suspect my body is asking for more carbs (sorta duh, I know) and maybe more fat. It's the beginning of race season for my team, and I'm doing 3 races between now and the end of September. Carbs help athletes recover from races and hard workouts, I believe, and fat would help keep me full between meals. For me, this means learning to make salad dressings. I tried it a few weeks ago, and it tasted so bad even thinking about trying again made me cringe.
No comments:
Post a Comment