Let me back up a second. Who's heard of the Whole9 or Whole30 program? The idea is that for 30 days, you eat nothing but meat, veggies, a little bit of fruit, and maybe some nuts. You don't eat grains, legumes, dairy, any kind of sugar (including chocolate), or foods that resemble anything processed and packaged and treat or cheat like (such a Paleo-brownies or Paleo pancakes).
Well, I like my chocolate and I like delicious glucose bombs (aka bananas) at the end of the day for a sweet moment of ... well, sweetness. Only thing is, on a Whole30 protocol, I wouldn't be able to have either one of those. Maybe some fruit, but not a baked banana with chocolate chips.
Then, Super A made breakfast. And whoa was it pretty darn sweet (without any added sugar or fruit).
Ingredients:
- eggs
- onion (chopped or diced)
- butter
- cinnamon
- coconut flakes (unsweeted, optional)
Melt the butter (or coconut oil) in a frying pan on the stove. Scramble the eggs, but add in the cinnamon, onion, and coconut flakes as they cook. Keep mixing. You should add enough cinnamon that you can see it everywhere in your eggs. Serve immediately
I'm actually going to ask him to make it again this weekend, because it was so yummy last time we had it!
No comments:
Post a Comment