Thursday, March 14, 2013

Spring Into Action

Trying to get more healthy? I did it by signing up for a half marathon (couldn't run a single mile at that point, proud to say I did do it), cooking for myself, learning more about good nutrition, and joining a triathlon team. The neat part was, I did it all because of my friends. Super A and one of the girls down the hall got me to sign up for the half marathon, and they helped me figure out how to train myself for it. Super A and I also cooked basically every single one of our own meals last summer while interning, so I had to learn about nutrition to make sure I was eating right. For the triathlon team, several of my friends were on it and had been bugging me for months to join - and I'm glad I did. It keeps me going to the gym multiple times a week even though the half is long over. It's something I do with my friends, which makes it more fun. I've also learned a lot by cooking for myself, and I'm excited to do it again this summer.

If you're just deciding that you want to be healthier, or you already are and want to track it better, or hey, maybe you're reading this cus you're bored, check out this list of the top 50 healthy startups. They're apps, websites, and programs that can help you track workouts and meals, make healthier meals, and even figure out what's best to get at the supermarket.

(Also, I apologize for the overly corny title. Sorry. :p )

No comments:

Post a Comment